I made this fresh batch of cupcakes for my niece’s birthday! Kids always love this delectable treat. They are moist and chocolatey. Here’s my recipe for you to try:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.
Procedure for the icing:
1. beat the egg yolks and cream of tartar til light & fluffy.
2. In a separate sauce pan, dissolve the sugar in water until mixture becomes ‘thready’.
3. Beat the egg yolks and tartar in full speed while pouring the dissolved sugar and water mixture.
*Coloring is optional.
I hope you enjoy these delicious cupcakes! Happy Holidays!